[bksvol-discuss] Re: Thinking about Animals

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:08:41 -0500

Ah, Thanks Robert.  I went and picked up ten short they are kids books, but,
I think very well written and give us details that a lot of the adult books
think aren't important, like size, color and the like.

Let me thing.

Cottontails
Rattlers
Owls
Swans
Cardinals
Hammer Heads
Fur Seals
Alligators
Howler Monkeys
Grizzly Bears

hmmm, can't remember off hand the last one.

Anyway will be putting these up soon, as they don't take a lot to edit.

They are part of the World Book Animals of the World series,

Which we presently have four of.

Killer Whales and Other Toothed Whales
Kangaroos and other Marsupials
Giraffes and Other Hoofed Mammals
Wolves and Other Wild Dogs

There are still at least six more in the series, that I left, and my
librarian says if we don't have the whole series she is going to get the
missing ones.

I like them, because they concentrate on one animal, say for example the
Giraffe, but then branch off, into other animals, and are always saying
"like other hoofed animals" or so on and so forth.

I like the format, and I learned a few things while editing them.

But never fear, I have adult books in the works.  Scanned one yesterday
called
To Touch a Wild Dolphin which seems to be quite full of good information on
dolphin, from a researcher who spent fifteen years with the Dolphins of
Australia's Shark Bay.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council