[bksvol-discuss] The hold discussion

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 11:17:36 -0500

I was delighted to see there are a lot less "hold fors" than there used to
be.
Gwen, you really can't find anything to proofread?  There are hundreds of
books out there!  Sometimes it's true; I have to page through to the last
page of the giant list, but those books have been languishing for years,
so grabbing any of them is a good deed.  And I've diversified my tastes a
bit, and usually been happy I did.
And, frankly, if something has had a "hold for" for several months, and
I'm really interested, I might poach.  As Gwen says, the object is to get
books into the library, with the highest quality one can manage.  If
someone hasn't gotten to a book being held for, say, eight or nine months,
well...

Anyway, sometimes it's a trawl to find something, but there's a lot to
choose from.  And a lot less hold fors than there used to be, thank
Goodness.
Tracy