[bksvol-discuss] The aromas of autumn.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:07:31 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, Jackie--I'm with you. I remember the lovely smell of burning leaves in the
autumn, and the fun as a child of running and jumping into the pile of raked
leaves. And there is a another, indefinable smell of autumn in New England--a
sort of crispness--something in the air other than burning leaves. Every once
in a while here in California in the morning I get a whiff that reminds me.

Enjoy your stay, Chris and Susan, and your trip along the way.

Cindy, who grew up in Brookline, Mass., among other places.