[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Well of Lost Plots missing lines and footnotes

  • From: "Noel Romey" <nromey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:26:02 -0600

It's on the top of the second page of chapter 2.  In the copy on bookshare
(from what I can tell at least( the bottom of the first page, for reference
says

to explain the technical possibilities of dippy egg fingers when a copy of
The Toad dropped on the mat. The only news story was about some sort of
drug-related gang warfare in Reading. It was part of the plot in Caversham
Heights and reminded me that sooner or later-and quite possibly sooner-I

And then page two of teh chapter begins

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, apologizing for the misrelated grammatical
construction almost immediately, "Wyatt is my name, not the hat's."

"I kind of figured that," I replied.

Wooden and worn with use, he was holding a clipboard. "Oh, bother!" he said
in the manner of someone who had just referred to George Eliot as "he" in a
room full of English professors. "I've done it again!"
"Really, I don't mind," I repeated. "What can I do for you?" "You're very
kind. As a Character Exchange Program member, I would like to ask you to get
yourself intopage

The actual page excerpt should read

would be expected to take on the mantle of Mary as part of the Character
Exchange Program. I had another careful read of the precis, which gave me a
good idea of the plot chapter by chapter, but no precise dialogue or
indication as to what I should be doing, or when. I didn't have to wonder
very long as a knock at the door revealed an untidy man wearing a hat named
Wyatt.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, apologizing for the misrelated grammatical
construction almost immediately, "Wyatt is *my *name, not the hat's."

"I kind of figured that," I replied.

Does this make sense?