[bksvol-discuss] Re: The South Beach Supercharged

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:34:34 -0700

Hi Gail,

        Sounds like the file was corrupted some way.  And anyway, the
agreement that we have with Bookshare as volunteers prohibits us from
trading files of whole books in order not to violate copyright law.  Perhaps
she could help you by sending  specific pages that you need.  However, my
guess is that the best solution would be to have sighted help with errors,
as what was recognized and converted to rtf for submission isn't going to be
any different from her original file unless she kept images, in which case
she could extract images of particular pages and send them to you.  Still
that requires vision to see what is really in the image when recognition
doesn't suffice for clarity.

Mayrie