[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Good Earth

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:39:48 -0400

Let us remember that it is not "whatever you feel like doing".

I repeated the word chapter as in

chapter
chapter 12
the next chapter

and had a book returned to me by Carrie asking me to get rid of the repeat of the word chapter.

I mean it folks. Rather than just taking hopeful aim at this problem with our own individual theories, we need actual guidance from the people who inflict the stripper on us. Those people are staff engineering.

Please staff engineering, give us guidance here. We are starting another endless round of guesses and possible fix suggestions on the list.

E.

At 04:43 PM 5/17/2008, you wrote:
It's not a rule, Gail, but it's so far the only way to prevent the chapter titles from being stripped by the stripper--and not just a line space but something like asterisks or an extra word "chapter." whatever you feel like doing.

G.Cindy