[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Girl who stopped swimming

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:08:27 -0500

Hold for Shannon is fine. I'll be on the look out for it.

I really appreciate you submitting it for me.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale
          From: solsticesinger <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Monday, May 19, 2008, 10:33 AM

          I don't have kes on this computer. So, if you can submit it in .rtf,
I'm happy to edit it.

          Shannon
          I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can
do something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
          Everet Edward Hale
                  If i keep the kes file could you edit it for me or would you
prefer it edited?
                  Anastasia

                  --- On Sun, 5/18/08, solsticesinger

                    From: solsticesinger <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
                    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 11:09 PM

                    Thanks, Anastasia. I appreciate it. Just put Hold for
Shannon on it, when you're done.

                              From: solsticesinger <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
                              Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Just submitted
                              To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Date: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 7:15 PM

                              Hi, all.

                              I have just placed Every Secret Thing by Lila
Shaara on the step one page for your validating pleasure. Find the synopsis
below.

                              Gina Paletta should have been used to upheaval.
From her childhood in a small southern town to her career in Manhattan’s
glamorous modeling world to sudden,
                              unplanned motherhood, Gina has forever struggled
to keep her life under control. Now, at thirty-three–her “year of waking
up”–she has moved with her young
                              sons to upstate New York and reinvented herself
as a college professor. At last she can nurse the fragile hope of safety, the
hope of security.

                              But Gina learns that security is an illusion when
a pair of police detectives arrive at her doorstep. Two of Gina’s students have
posted salacious photographs
                              of her on a website. Even more troubling, these
young men are suspects in a local murder. Beneath the campus elms, amid the
ivied masonry of the collegiate
                              buildings, and in the libraries where she secrets
herself from the world, Gina Paletta must now contend with a new sensation:
terror.

                              As the tension rises, Gina turns to her family
and friends, only to discover lies and violence beneath placid surfaces.
Fearful for her safety and that
                              of her children, determined to guard the new life
she has built, Gina comes to rely on the company and protection of one of the
detectives assigned to
                              her case. Yet even as their relationship grows
more complicated, the danger around them mounts–and Gina finds herself
marshaling reserves of strength and
                              resolve she never dreamed existed.

                              Riveting and hypnotic, lyrical and tense, Every
Secret Thing is a remarkable debut: a provocative psychological drama about
love, guilt, fear, and every
                              secret thing that binds us together.

                              Shannon
                              I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do
everything, but I can do something. And, because I can not do everything, I
will not refuse to do the something I can do.
                              Everet Edward Hale

bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by
itself in the subject line.