[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Girl who stopped swimming

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:33:17 -0500

I don't have kes on this computer. So, if you can submit it in .rtf, I'm happy
to edit it.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale
        If i keep the kes file could you edit it for me or would you prefer it
edited?
        Anastasia

                    From: solsticesinger <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
                    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Just submitted
                    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 7:15 PM

                    Hi, all.

                    I have just placed Every Secret Thing by Lila Shaara on the
step one page for your validating pleasure. Find the synopsis below.

                    Gina Paletta should have been used to upheaval. From her
childhood in a small southern town to her career in Manhattan’s glamorous
modeling world to sudden,
                    unplanned motherhood, Gina has forever struggled to keep
her life under control. Now, at thirty-three–her “year of waking up”–she has
moved with her young
                    sons to upstate New York and reinvented herself as a
college professor. At last she can nurse the fragile hope of safety, the hope
of security.

                    But Gina learns that security is an illusion when a pair of
police detectives arrive at her doorstep. Two of Gina’s students have posted
salacious photographs
                    of her on a website. Even more troubling, these young men
are suspects in a local murder. Beneath the campus elms, amid the ivied masonry
of the collegiate
                    buildings, and in the libraries where she secrets herself
from the world, Gina Paletta must now contend with a new sensation: terror.

                    As the tension rises, Gina turns to her family and friends,
only to discover lies and violence beneath placid surfaces. Fearful for her
safety and that
                    of her children, determined to guard the new life she has
built, Gina comes to rely on the company and protection of one of the
detectives assigned to
                    her case. Yet even as their relationship grows more
complicated, the danger around them mounts–and Gina finds herself marshaling
reserves of strength and
                    resolve she never dreamed existed.

                    Riveting and hypnotic, lyrical and tense, Every Secret
Thing is a remarkable debut: a provocative psychological drama about love,
guilt, fear, and every
                    secret thing that binds us together.

                    Shannon
                    I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything,
but I can do something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse
to do the something I can do.
                    Everet Edward Hale

bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by
itself in the subject line.