[bksvol-discuss] The Drupal Book Saga Continues...

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:10:43 -0400

Hi,

As the book about Drupal 6 had become such a problem, I decided to start the
process from scratch.  So, yesterday, I rescanned the document and saved it
as a tiff, ran the recognition and saved it as an OPD and an RTF.

This morning, I opened the .rtf in Word 2003 and found that I had 380 (or
so) section breaks and nothing else that JAWS described as anything more
than "blank."  I did the search and replace to turn section breaks into page
breaks surrounded by carriage returns that Evan described in an email a week
or two ago and still, JAWS only said, "blank."  I asked my sighted wife to
eyeball the document and she also said that it appeared blank.

So, what remains that I have done wrong?  I have the TIFF and OPD files if
anyone wants them so they can make this next step into something we can
actually use.

I'm completely sick of this book and am approaching the point where I will
just stick the RTF somewhere and let people download an unofficial version
with most of the useful content in it.

Still struggling,
cdh