[bksvol-discuss] The Children of Willesden Lane by Mona Golabek.

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

Debra Hernstrom has requested that this book be added
to the Wish List. Presumably she'd be willing to
validate it, but it does sound like a very interesting
book for anyone. I read the reviews on Amazon, which
were very good and informative. Mona Golabek is a
concert pianist and her mother was one of the children
of the Kindertransport. For those of you who may not
know--I only learned about it from one of the
documentaries we saw on PBS or someplace--those were
children sent by their parents to England from places
like, in this case, Vienna, to be safe from the
Germans and war. This is the story of her mother's
experiences.