[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Broker--strengths and weaknesses

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:21:11 -0600

Sarah,
I was not referring to braille books. They almost never have anything I want in
braille,  About the only thing I use in braille are cookbooks. However, yes, on
the rare occasions when I find one I want, its easy to  ignore
headers, just like sighted people do. When reading serrially, with speech, you
can't ignore the header. Its always there, whether you want it or not, unless,
of course, the reader skips it, which they all do, both the
Library of Congress ones as well as those from RFB&D. They read page numbers,
but not running headers, for the obvious reason that they are absolutely
unnecessary and distract from the flow of the text.
Mary