[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Bishop in the West Wing

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:11:32 -0600

Hi Valerie!

Sometimes when there are two lowercase i's that could be a German word where those I's should really be recognized as a u with an umlat that looks like ü. So, for an example, Miihlhausen should be Mühlhausen.

Debby

At 11:10 AM 12/18/2009, Valerie Maples wrote
It's a visual/font thing. They can look very similar in some fonts. Like double lower case i's can be the letter u or l and things like that. Some combos appear like individual letters, too. Odd, but you begin to get a feel for them after a while.

Valerie

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>