From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:55 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: The Admin. Q

Thanks, Gerald. I really think that's important for people who may need the
credits and don't receive them if their book is sitting in the admin queue. I
do understand the priority for the bestsellers being put up before older books,
and that more complicated approvals might be set aside for when G has a little
more time ro work on them, but otherwise...

Cindy

Gerald Hovas <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tom,

I doubt Engineering has changed the order of the books so that the oldest books
appear at the top of the list in the Admin Queue, but as someone said earlier
this month in regards to the Step 1 list, all Gustavo has to do is work from
the bottom of the list up.  The Tech Advisors have asked him to work the queue
that way, but I have no clue if heÃââs doing it.  Even if he is, though,
heÃââll still be giving priority to some books like the bestsellers which
are being scanned in-house as part of the NYT Bestseller project.  Gustavo also
sometimes chooses to skip a more involved approval and come back to it when he
has more time to work it.

WeÃââll follow up on this at the next Tech Advisor meeting because
itÃââs obvious that thereÃââs one or two which have been in the queue
forever which have not been approved since we asked Gustavo to work on the
oldest books first.

HTH

Gerald

  _____