[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Admin. Q

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Gerald. I really think that's important for people who may need the
credits and don't receive them if their book is sitting in the admin queue. I
do understand the priority for the bestsellers being put up before older books,
and that more complicated approvals might be set aside for when G has a little
more time ro work on them, but otherwise...

Cindy

Gerald Hovas <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:        v\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                     Tom,

  I doubt Engineering has changed the order of the books so that the oldest
books appear at the top of the list in the Admin Queue, but as someone said
earlier this month in regards to the Step 1 list, all Gustavo has to do is work
from the bottom of the list up.  The Tech Advisors have asked him to work the
queue that way, but I have no clue if heâ??s doing it.  Even if he is, though,
heâ??ll still be giving priority to some books like the bestsellers which are
being scanned in-house as part of the NYT Bestseller project.  Gustavo also
sometimes chooses to skip a more involved approval and come back to it when he
has more time to work it.

  Weâ??ll follow up on this at the next Tech Advisor meeting because itâ??s
obvious that thereâ??s one or two which have been in the queue forever which
have not been approved since we asked Gustavo to work on the oldest books first.

  HTH

  Gerald