[bksvol-discuss] Re: Textbooks and download pages?

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:18:47 -0800

OK, Scott, after what you wrote Reggie, pretend I never sent a message about textbooks. Heh, heh, heh ...

Misha

On 1/21/2011 10:09 PM, Mike wrote:
There are occasionally textbooks to download and proof, but not often.

I've done one on geology, one on middle school (or maybe a little younger than that) physics and recently one on architecture. Most of the textbooks on bookshare get there through another process called NIMAC which is another way publishers can donate books. However, there are usually many non-fiction books that are not textbooks that can be proofed.

If you are interested in a particular topic, you can try the search box on the checkout page. The word you put in this search only checks the titles and authors not the synopsis or categories, so it is somewhat limited. But it might help you to find a book you want, instead of waiting for each of the three or four pages (if you are set to 100 books per page) to load, then read through all the titles.

Misha

On 1/20/2011 5:48 PM, Reggie & Brooks wrote:
As I find the download list somewhat frustrating and have been mainly
watching the first page, are there textbooks to proof? I am not ready for that yet, with the footnotes and all, but my curiosity is getting the better
of me.
Reggie