[bksvol-discuss] Re: Text Files

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:42:49 -0400

Thanks. I guess I thoug that, over time, those submitting poor quality books would gradually drop off. After all, the technology is getting better and, compared to years ago, the packages have more tools for making corrections and more assistance for scanning like the optimize feature.

I really do think that supporting anyone who upgrades their scanning package with perhaps some months of time tacked on to membership might benefit bookshare though you are not the makers of the software.

E.
At 08:26 PM 8/8/2006, you wrote:

E,

We promise to bring up the quality issue at the next Tech Advisor's call.

Pratik

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of E. Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:05 PM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Text Files

At the same time txt files are eliminated could we also eliminate taking
books of poor quality?  I really think it sends the wrong message to those
who submit books, to the poor validators and to loyal members who pay money
to subscribe.  We degrade the quality of the whole operation truly.

E.