[bksvol-discuss] Re: Text Files

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:01:26 -0500

Cindy,

Volunteering and validations will remain the same, the option to submit books in TXT for example, will no longer be available. The TXT files on step 1 will still be processed. I would expect a movement to attempt to process them all so that we may be rid of TXT forever. So, no.

I've recommended that getting TXT files eliminated should be part of Quarter 3 work (by the end of September). Whether that happens or not, we'll see, I'm not holding my breath though, as adding two 'new books' links to the Browse Books page, something we requested back before conferences, hasn't happened yet.

Jake