[bksvol-discuss] Technical Question - It got worse!

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 16:08:56 -0700

Okay, I did try Pratik's and Jackie's suggestions, which turned out to be the same thing once I looked more closely, and neither of them worked. I had a friend helped me try a couple of

things to make the dialogue box go away, and somehow we made it worse.  Now,
not only do I get the trusted sites dialogue, but now I get a second box, a security
dialogue that tells me I'm going to an unsecured page.  So, now I have two
dialogue boxes when I log in to Bookshare.  So, if anyone can help me, that
would be great.  I'll paste the text of both dialogue boxes below.

Box 1:
Security Warning
The current Web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list.
Do you want to allow this?
Current site: www.bookshare.org
Trusted site: www.bookshare.org
Yes No
Warning: allowing this can expose your computer to security risks. If you
don't trust the current Web page, choose No.

Box 2:

Security Alert
You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not
secure.
The information you are sending to the current site might be
retransmitted to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?
Yes No

Allison