[bksvol-discuss] Re: Table Of Contents

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:58:06 -0700

Folks, those periods are called "dot leaders", & I believe Word has an
option when making tables of contents to insert these.

On 11/3/09, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Melissa;
>
> I flagged it to try later when I have time; sorry I was not
> considerate enough to let you know.  sometimes I have to pick less
> mentally demanding tasks to intersperse with taking care of Doug and
> Nichole.  Smiles.  It may be a week before life is quiet enough for me
> to concentrate on trying it out.
>
> Thanks!
> Valerie
>

> On 11 03, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Melissa Smith wrote:
>
>> Valerie,
>> I'm glad this sounds good to you. By the way, did you see my post
>> about converting text to table and vice versa in Word 2007 from last
>> night?
>>
>> Melissa
>>

>> Valerie Maples wrote:
>>> Interesting that you bring this up, Melissa. Doug just worked on a
>>> book that the title of contents literally had periods between the
>>> chapter titles and the page they started on and we were wondering
>>> if that would be allowable in general. It would be more than three
>>> (an ellipsis), but it could preserve the structure of the title of
>>> content. As always, we want to maintain the integrity of not
>>> altering text, but it does seem that the BookShare tool already
>>> significantly alters things, so this might be an acceptable
>>> accommodation to preserve the visual integrity for sighted readers.
>>>
>>> Valerie

>>> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a
>>> list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
>>> subject line.

>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
>> subject line.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>