[bksvol-discuss] Re: Table Of Contents

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:41:08 EST

As a user of a screen reader it sounds fine, but if the titles and the page
numbers are not in exact columns I don't think it will fulfill the purpose
of a table for sighted readers, that is, providing information in a single
glance without the necessity of reading it and thinking about it.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Table Of Contents
Date:
11/5/2009 1:04:54 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi everyone!

Here is a table of contents with the dot leaders as I found it.  I didn't
insert anything.

How does it look for you sighted readers?

How does it come out on a braille display?

How does it sound to those who use screen readers?

Window-Eyes, at least the way I have it set  totally ignores these dot
leaders.  If I add periods like this on a line:

  Window-Eyes also ignores them.

Here's the table of contents.

Contents

Foreword .................................. 9
1 Intercession
A Way of Life ............................ 13
2 Compassion in Action
The Functions of Intercession ............... 26
3 Intensity in Vision
The Priorities of Intercession ................ 44
4 Ordered Warfare
Establishing Battle Strategies for
Intercession .............................. 60
5 Authoritative Intercession
Keys to "Fasting" Down Strongholds ........ 76
6 Praying for the Lost
(A Week of Intercession)
Monday: Six Interrogatives of Intercession .... 89

8

7 Praying for Authorities
Tuesday: Invading Areas of Influence ........ 96
8 Praying for Nations
Wednesday: Confronting Enemy
Strongholds ............................. 105
9 Praying for Laborers
Thursday: Co-Workers in the Conflict ....... 114
10 Praying for the Church
Friday: Contending for Spiritual
Awakening ............................. 12
11 Praying for the Sick and Afflicted
Saturday: Biblical Factors for Physical
Restoration ............................. 131
12 Praying for the Family
Sunday: Prayer Patterns for Healthy
Homes ................................. 143
13 Soul Conflict
Taking Authority Against Spiritual
Darkness ............................... 156
14 Prayer Travelers
Mobilizing a Movement of World Prayer Missionaries
............................ 175

Debby

At 04:26 PM 11/4/2009, Mayrie ReNae wrote
>Hi Judy and Valerie,
>
>         Inserting an elipsis between items in a table of contents and
their
>respective page numbers will work.  Any more dots than that would be a
>potential nightmare for those reading with speech.  Because in the dot
>leader format the screen readers  might well read "dot dot dot dot dot"
etc
>depending upon the amount of punctuation each user has spoken.  So, if an
>elipsis would work for sighted readers better than just a space, I'm happy
>to begin inserting an elipsis instead.
>
>Thanks, Valerie, for telling us how we can make things at least a little
>more usable for some folks.
>
>Mayrie

Cause"?