[bksvol-discuss] Re: Table Of Contents

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:07:27 -0600

This is the first I had heard of the space before an ellipsis, so i can tell you as a sighted volunteer I have routinely removed the leading space, but I will insert or preserve them if I am told. it is a lesser problem for sighted readers than some of the other issues in formatting, I wold think.

Valerie

On 11 04, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Paula and James Muysenberg wrote:

Hi, Lynn,

When I scan books, I do put spaces before and after ellipses, so they will be represented correctly on braille displays. If I remember correctly, screen readers tend to handle them better that way, as well. I would like to hear from sighted volunteers, as to whether the space before and after makes ellipses look weird or distracting, or whether it's not a problem for print
readers.

Paula

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>