[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and page breaks

  • From: "Jesse Fahnestock" <Jesse.F@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:34:43 -0700

Tracy --

The answer as to why txt submissions need to be resubmitted as RTF is, I
believe, that our system is set up to minimize the introduction of errors or
new elements (the latter of which is questionable in terms of copyright). While
I'm not suggesting you wouldn't get the pages right, allowing volunteers to
resubmit in RTF would allow the potential for incorrect structure and
formatting to be added to the book, "by default" as it were (or by MSWord). At
least I believe that was the thinking.

I understand that it's possible to enter "form feed" page breaks in text files.
Pratik, was it not you who told me about that? Can you clarify for Tracy?

Finally, I heartily recommend TextPad (www.textpad.com) as a quality free
editor for text files (and HTML, if you need that).