[bksvol-discuss] Re: Surprises in Store at the Bookshare Facebook Page as We Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the ADA

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:11:37 -0400

Dear Andy and Booksharian Friends,

About Facebook, I'm with you, Andy. I have no idea how to navigate it. The bits and pieces of conversation I was able to find didn't seem worth the effort, nothing of substance seemed to be said, or it was beyond me and my computer to get to it.

With my very low partial vision, I didn't become aware of faces until I was a teenager. I knew they had eyes, noses and mouths, but had no idea people depended on looking at them and looked at them all of the time.

Finally I learned to come as close as possible to appear to make eye contact, but it's a chore I perform for courtesy, not something that informs me in any way.

I hope it doesn't make me of less value as a volunteer that I hope not to have to go back to Bookshare's face again. And I hope these lists remain viable, where we can talk in complete thoughts, without the interruptions of constant navigational hops, pictures and graphics or whatever they are, that have no meaning for us, and strings of links and phrase swapping.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy B." <sonfire11@xxxxxxxxx>