[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted/nonfiction

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:44:27 -0800

Hi Tim,

When you have text that needs to be set aside from the regular text, here's
how I do it. First, use three asterisks on a line by themselves to denote
white space surrounding the boxed or other text that isn't part of the
regular text.  Also, if a particular section of text is in a box, for
instance you could do this:
* * *
[Text in a box]
Type the text here.
* * *

Then carry on with the text.

Deborah is correct.  We shouldn't add quotation marks around things that
don't have quotation marks in the printed copy of the book.

If you can't think of an appropriate label for text that is outside the
normal flowing text, simply insert it where it is least disturbing to the
reading flow and surround it by asterisks before and after as I have done
above.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie

  _____