[bksvol-discuss] Submitted/mystery

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 18:16:33 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "The Magician's Death: A Medieval Mystery
Featuring Hugh Corbett (#14)" by Paul Doherty.

It's been read and spell-checked. All headers stripped, page numbers/chapter
titles present/protected, fonts adjusted.

375 pages.

The monk and scholar Roger Bacon claimed to have seen many marvels of nature
and science and concealed these in a book written in an unbreakable code.
Sir Hugh Corbett has been instructed to organise agents in Paris to steal
this Book of Secrets.  They do so but pay a violent price and the French
King Philip IV now wishes a meeting between the scholars of England and
France to discuss breaking the code.  Edward I has no choice but to allow
the meeting to take place at Corfe Castle, which becomes a place of murder
and mayhem.  Young women from the castle are being slain whilst horrific
things are witnessed in the nearby forest.  The situation becomes more
serious when two of the French scholars die in sinister circumstances.
Corbett and Ranulf-atte-Newgate have to thread this maze of malevolent
murder whilst trying to decipher the great secrets of one of England's most
outstanding scholars.

Deborah