[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted one more

The fresh parsley and basil can be grown in any window box or five or six inch deep pot. If you have window boxes outside or any room on a porch or balcony perhaps you can give it a try. Of course if you have any kind of area where you can plant things you can plant it there. I like using pots because I can keep things more easily watered during dry spells, have good soil for the herbs and fertilize easily with fish emulsion. Also, if it dips into low thirties I can bring the basil into somewhere warm for the night. Parsley is pretty hhearty, both the curly and flat kind, but basil is not. I avoid the purple stuff. It is much more finicky than the regular kind. The purple basil just dies on me.

E.