[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted one more

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:45:40 -0400

The fresh parsley and basil can be grown in any window box or five or six inch deep pot. If you have window boxes outside or any room on a porch or balcony perhaps you can give it a try. Of course if you have any kind of area where you can plant things you can plant it there. I like using pots because I can keep things more easily watered during dry spells, have good soil for the herbs and fertilize easily with fish emulsion. Also, if it dips into low thirties I can bring the basil into somewhere warm for the night. Parsley is pretty hhearty, both the curly and flat kind, but basil is not. I avoid the purple stuff. It is much more finicky than the regular kind. The purple basil just dies on me.