[bksvol-discuss] Submitted: Jack Sparrow #3: The Pirate Chase

  • From: "BlindGeek" <yakkoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 21:32:59 -0800

Well, here it is.  I have to say, although this book is written with 9-12
year-olds in mind, I'm thoroughly enjoying the series.  (Not sure what that
says about me as a 36-year-old, but hey...)  The other two books are already
available from Bookshare, although I'd look for "Jack Sparrow" rather than
"Pirates of the Caribbean," because I didn't realize until recently that the
series is actually called "Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow."  Ooopsie...

Anyway, here's the cover info.  It's a quick, easy validation and a lot of fun
too!
* * *
Before the black pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. . . .

Jack and company are hot on the trail of the notorious pirate, Left-Foot Louis,
who they believe is currently in possession of the Sword of Cortes. But chasing
down a fierce seafarer is challenging, even for Jack's formidable crew. And to
top it all off, newly appointed first mate Arabella has a personal score to
settle with Louis, but doing so could jeopardize the entire mission!
* * *
Enjoy!