From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Debby Franson
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:17 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Stymied ... And I'm heartsick

Hi Shelley and everyone!

You're right.  The unnecessary files build up over time.

I'd like to recommend a program that I use.  It's called CCleaner.  Here is
the blurb about it:

CCleaner (Slim)
remove junk files and Internet traces
Our Rating:
4.5 star rating for CCleaner
  (Very Good!)
CCleaner is a tool to clean your system from temporary and unnecessary files
that accumulate over time. This also includes rather thorough cleaning of
Internet and PC usage tracks like browser cache, recently used files, web
sites visited and more.
You can select the items that you want cleaned and also specify cookies that
should not be deleted. In addition, the program comes with a registry
scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users) and options to
start cleaning automatically or from the command line. (Slim version, no
toolbars) Freeware Windows compatibility
2000/XP/Vista/7

There is a link called:

Download CCleaner (Slim)

on this page:

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/CCleaner/ccleaner.html

There are checkboxes that you check or uncheck to control how much cleaning
the program does.  Just going with the default setting is fine.

Debby

At 08:23 PM 8/30/2010, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote
>And doing a disk clean up as the temporary internet files and cookies
>can wreak havoc sometimes, learned this one the hard way.  In most
>Windows environments but can't speak for Vista or Seven as I don't have
>them, is under, accessories, system tools, Disk Clean up.
>
>Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
>and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog
>
>The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before,
>and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer
>(1932-2009)
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey"
><rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>

I've been able to get to the proofreading manual and I've read a lot of it.
>>>It's easy for me to navigate. I'm wondering if there are any
>>>troubleshooting tips if your computer won't even let you into the
>>>place where you can check out a book or deal in any way with a checked
out book. Steps I have tried:
>>>1. Scanned my local disk. 2. Defragged my local hard drive. Results:
>>>No change. Someone is coming six days from now to look at my computer
>>>to see if I have a software problem which will result in me spending
>>>money. I want to thank Rob Turner at Bookshare Support for he tried
>>>to help me out. It's really horrid when every computer can go to the
>>>place I want to go and get there without the hassle. I didn't
>>>contemplate throwing a tantrum, throwing my computer out the window
>>>(decidedly counterproductive for obvious reasons I needn't mention).
>>>Let's just say my sense of humor isn't operating at the present
>>>moment. I hope to proofread something soon as I promised to do it and
>>>I wish to do it. I'm weird because I like doing it and there's no
hardship for me to do it. Thanks and best regards, Kim.

--

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the wind.--Ecclesiastes

database 5419 (20100902) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 5419 (20100902) __________

http://www.eset.com