[bksvol-discuss] Stripper, get outa town!

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:37:17 -0600

Just looked at a couple of my submissions on the new books list, and
the format is totally butchered. One has the word chapter before each
chapter, but not the number of the chapter it is. The other has the
number, but not the word chapter. In the case where the chapter
numbers are present, they start on the same lines as the ends of the
chapters before them.

I also noticed that the page breaks so many are worried about often
appear in different places than the originals, and some of them are
gone altogether.

Granted, we're not missing any of the stories here, but I for one like
to know when new chapters start as I often like to use the end of a
chapter for a stopping place. The format doesn't matter much if
reading with speech, but a lot of these books wouldn't be that
pleasant to read in braille, or visually eitther I would imagine.

There surely must be a way of making sure that the finished product is
not inferior to the original submissions. As I have said before, the
first step in doing that would be to either improve or trash the
stripper!

Pam