[bksvol-discuss] Re: Strange scanning problem

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:56:00 -0600

I'd try reinstalling any scanner drivers or software that came with the
scanner.  Get updates if there are any, but if What you have now used to work
it should again.  I have had my scanning drivers/software get messed up and
cause scanning problems, but I can't give any details because my scanner is not
the same and the software is really really old. :-)

the messes usually ocurred after my scanner had been used for some other
purpose than scanning books and the color or resolution settings might have
gotten stuck at something that didn't work with the driver and settings I used
in Kurzweil.  I've also just had the software malfunction until reinstalled.
It's at least worth a try.

Some hints might be gotten from having someone view the image captured by
Kurzweil.  Look for view image off the tools menu.  I don't have any other
ideas.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity