[bksvol-discuss] Re: Strange Open Book Problem

  • From: "BlindGeek" <yakkoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:57:23 -0800

I can only say that Openbook has some very odd "features" involving converting
from .ark to other formats.  Notably, when you convert to a .txt file from
.ark, any double-spacing to denote paragraph markers goes out the window, but
converting to .rtf retains them.  However, converting to .rtf replaces all
quotation marks with double-closed quotes, which I don't believe is the case
when converting to .txt from .ark.  These things irk me, because one would have
thought they'd come up in the beta testing phase.  However, and yes, I realize
how snobby I come off when I say this, we *are* talking about Freedom
Scientific here. <Sigh>  What can I say? There's little love lost between us.