[bksvol-discuss] Re: Staff Change at Bookshare

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:09:25 -0800

Thank you, Christina and everyone!

I look forward to getting to know you, learning about the Benetech/Bookshare
volunteer culture, and understanding your unique needs and hopes moving
forward.  I look forward to asking lots of questions and receiving lots of
input from you.  I will also rely on your expertise and experience - although I
have managed academic and foster family related volunteer programs (as well as
managed social service programs for deaf foster children and their families),
the high-tech world of publishing is admittedly new to me!  It sounds like
Scott's done a great job and you feel very connected to him, so this may
no-doubt be a worrisome change!  I only hope that I can continue to build on
the solid work being done by each of you, and I ask for your patience as I
immerse myself in learning everything I can about Benetech in the coming weeks.

Please don't hesitate to contact me via the discussion list or privately with
suggestions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Alisa Moore
Volunteer Program Manager