[bksvol-discuss] Re: Spreading the word

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:43:09 -0500

Spreading the wordAnd Libraries aren't just for books.  At least our library
here in Corry isn't.  It is a place to play literacy games, do arts and crafts
(we have a die cut machine with some awesome dies), get movies, play with
educational toys, share ideas with friends, surf the internet, and well yeah
read some good books.

Smile.

And we have books on cassette tape .

Our library is a non for profit organization, they don't get any County funding.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT

Guide dogs for the Blind Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Reading a book is like rewriting it for yourself. You bring to a novel,
anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and
you read it in your own terms. -Angela Carter, novelist and journalist
(1940-1992)