[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of Google Books, and Alissa please read this.

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:44:50 -0800

Right, well I hope that this will work, the suggestion you made to
bookshare staff.

On 2/20/12, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can download the ones that are out of copyright, but the most of
> them you cannot. You will recall that when Google first started Google
> books the publishers had a fit over it. Then an agreement was finally
> worked out in which Google could distribute their books to certain
> libraries for lending with some pretty stringent restrictions the
> details of which I don't recall. As I understand the copyright exception
> that Bookshare operates under, though, it should be just fine if Google
> turned over all those files to be used at Bookshare just like any other
> book is used at Bookshare and that would mean a fantastic growth of the
> Bookshare collection in a very short time. Right now, though, the best
> you can do in accessing Google books is to read snippets of text here
> and there like we have been discussing insofar as we search for a small
> bit of text in order to decipher an unclear word.
>
> On 2/20/2012 1:30 AM, Barbara B wrote:
>> Can an individual get the google books and download them to the computers?
>> Barbara

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx