[bksvol-discuss] Re: Soon to scan, was Re: Re: Courtesy

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Roger I've added it to the list

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Wed, 8/26/09, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Soon to scan, was Re: Re: Courtesy
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 9:10 AM

That reminds me. I have a book on hand that I intend to scan, but had not
reported it yet. It is "U.S. Hands Off the Mideast: Cuba Speaks Out at the
U..N." by Fidel Castro and Ricardo Alarcon. I checked all the lists for it and
by my request Carrie checked the books the outsourcers are doing before I
ordered it. It was not on any of those lists at that time, but I have not
checked since. I have not started it yet because I was proofreading one while I
waited for it and I want to finish that before I start.

                                                                  "Can a nation
be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot." Vladimir Lenin

http://www.pathfinderpress.com

                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows

Subj:

[bksvol-discuss] Re: Courtesy

8/26/2009 5:15:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time

popularplace@xxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from the Internet

(Details)

table end

I might add that if people don't check the list of books being scanned, as well
as the collection and the books in process, then my time, and Elizabeth's

now,, in organizing it,is being wasted. The whole point of my starting to keep
such a list is so that people will look to see if a book they want to scan

is already being  scanned by someone else, or if someone else plans  to scan it
and maybe has already bought it or started It. I post the books-being-scanned

list on the volunteer email list every night, and I send it to Pavi every night
and she posts it on the site, so there is no excuse for anyone to duplicate

anyone else's work.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Tue, 8/25/09, Christina <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

block quote

From: Christina <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Courtesy

To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 7:02 PM

Hi.  I    agree with Elizabeth's message.  (Sadly it's on my other computer so
I can't quote it here.)

I would deeply appreciate it if the outsourcers and all volunteers would check
the books-being-scanned list before processing a book.  I just had another

book, which is being edited, put into the collection by another submitter and
proofer team.

If someone wants to scan a book that the list says I'll be doing, I honestly
don't mind.  It just means I'll go onto the next book.  What really frustrates

me is when book after book that I've already scanned gets added to the
collection by someone else.  I understand mistakes happen but when I spend hours

of my time working on books, only to have someone else beat me to it....  I get
very annoyed and discouraged.

I'm still happy volunteering for Bookshare and I don't intend to quit; I just
hate having my time and efforts completely wasted.

Christina

block quote end