[bksvol-discuss] Re: Some Bookshare News

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:52:41 -0700

That is very exciting news!  I'm thrilled.  Thanks Monica for letting us
know.

You know, I never can figure why schools would decide they would not join
Bookshare. Monica mentioned that this school had previously said they were uninterested in signing up their students. I wonder why. I mean... it's free. They don't
really have anything to lose.  Do you happen to know their original reason
for not signing students up?  I ask so that we will know the concerns
schools are having in hopes that we can address them in the future.  If one
school had this view of Bookshare, I would guess that others do as well.  So
any insight is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Allison