[bksvol-discuss] Re: Soft Hyphens

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:35:28 -0400

Hi Susan,
If I'm understanding correctly, you're wanting to replace soft hyphens with
"regular hyphens" or remove the soft hyphens altogether.  Here is what you
do with the ASCII character value.

1) In the "find" box in Word enter ^173 (carat being  shift+6) and in the
replace box either type a dash or leave it blank.

2) Do a "Replace All".

HTH, and I will send you documents off list that might better explain
hyphens and one from Jake's site about replacing characters using ASCII
codes. They have definitely helped me.

Thanks for always being willing to answer my questions!

Have a great day!

Cindy 4

Happiness consists not in having much,
but in being content with little.