[bksvol-discuss] Re: Small publishers

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:16:23 -0400

Deborah, thanks for this resource. There are many new publishers to explore.
(smile)

I read recently that there are over a million books published each year. Yet
Bookshare only has around 90,000. That means there are literally tens of
millions of books out there we can safely scan.

In addition to smaller publishers, I think it can also be helpful to tackle
books from the 80s and 90s, books that can still be found easily in
libraries, online book swaps,  and used bookstores. Some of us have access
to church or university libraries, and they contain many books that aren't
being donated by Bookshare's current partners. When it comes to books, I
think our cup runneth over. We just don't know how to adjust to that yet.
(smile)

Monica Willyard
Check out my books and accessible book lists on Goodreads at
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/plumlipstick