[bksvol-discuss] Re: Small Favor

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 18:15:08 -0400

Hi, Cindy.

I agree with Darrell.  Totally.

-- Marilyn

On May 2, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

Hi Cindy,

I believe all these different "lists" need to be consolidated. Right now,
this important information is scattered all over the place.  The
difficulties you and others who scan books encounter points this problem out
quite clearly.

From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Duplicate submissions bring me down
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 2, 2008, 8:36 AM
Duplicate submissions bring me down, way way down.  I just
spent several
hours working on "Small Favor:  A Harry Dresden
Novel".  I finally
finished it and uploaded it, only to see that it had been
added to the new
releases sometime in the last day or two.  I didn't see
a dup when I got
it, and it wasn't in the collection, so I went ahead
and validated it.
Now I feel like I totally wasted my time.  I hope whoever
validated the
other copy did a good job and didn't just bang it out
in 10 minutes.  That
would be adding insult to injury.
I wish there was a foolproof way of preventing duplicate
submissions, and
that submitters would be more careful.  Makes me wonder why
I bother at
all.
Tracy

line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
'help' by itself in the subject line.