[bksvol-discuss] Singing The Dying Epson scanner Blues

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:13:33 -0700

This note is for Pratik, but maybe some or any of you.

I think I saw a note you wrote to the Kurzweil list asking about scanners.
I think you said you had just experienced your Epson Perfection's demise.
Well, me too.  I think this must be my week to feel jinxed. Having just
plunked down the dough for the K-1000 and now my Epson Perfection 1650 has
begun to rattle and quake about every tenth scan, and besides being noisy,
it sure wrecks the scans.

Kurzweil has a scanner compatibility list on their website. But I'm hoping
to actually get performance reviews somewhere, and the only Epson they list
is 1200 which are no longer available.

Did you, Pratik, or anyone, have scanner suggestions as to models and
features which will be best place to start shopping.

 I just want to know what is out there and what folks are using.  I lucked
out reading a review of the Epson back when I got it.   Three years.  I
guess that is a good life for a scanner.

Thanks.
Rik