[bksvol-discuss] Short synopses, not reviews

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:28:44 -0700 (PDT)

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but so far today I've provided to Allison
and the Books-added list 5 synopses because the books had quotes from reviews
rather than synopses. I'm sure Allison and others have also spent time finding
synopses for books that perhaps didn't have any at all.

I'm sure all of you on these lists remember that although we can quote or
paraphrase synopses from the back of book covers, when they are shown, or cover
flaps, and we can paraphrase plots given by reviewers, evaluations of the book
by reviewers or other authors are not synopses. Synopses, as you all know, are
plot summaries. Please, if you know people not on these lists, encourage them
to write brief plot summaries so the rest of us don't have to do it for them.

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/