[bksvol-discuss] Re: Shelley

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:40:58 -0500

Well, if I play my cards right, smile.

I will be going off to graduate school in May, or September, depending on
when the program I want starts classes, smile.

And then.... that is a year, so... perhaps another year.

Smile.  Believe me guys working for Bookshare is keeping my sanity, smile.

I like staying busy and having something that well requires thinking smile.
And... well... there aren't a lot of volunteer opportunities here in Corry.

I am doing part time work as a Braillenote Trainer, here in Pennsylvania, so
it is some money, and keeping on top of the chores around here, which can be
a trip, working with Judson, who is awesome!  I think this time off has
really been a great thing for him as far as guide work is concerned.

Oh, I found another company where I can share Braille book files, of the
things I scan, so that will be keeping me busy.

And I signed up to take the NLS Braille Transcribers course still awaiting
materials to start, but have an instructor lined up and everything.

So... I am not sitting idle.

Now today I must finish my personal essay and get that stuff ready to send
off to Western Michigan.

And I have a stack of stuff to scan so... It is snowing out and very cold,
but I am hoping things will be warm enough to go for a walk later.

Oh, need to finish getting Christmas cards and letters off, and let me see.
Oh, I have a letter to write for the local youth program I am volunteering
with.  So... I take it a day at a time.
Smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.