[bksvol-discuss] Re: She wrote back!

  • From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:50:38 -0500

Sue,

This is not hate mail in response to this post, I promise. Just some input.
It's highly likely that she is contracted to put situations like this into
the hands of the publishers and editors. Kind of like a musician who has
little say as to what happens to their work, without the approval of the
producers.
As for the issue about her pointing out that she owns the books, well, she
does. I've run across many well-educated but uninformed people when it comes
to what bookshare does. I can't begin to tell you how many people have asked
me how we can legally be doing what we are doing. But, I do appreciate that
she pointed out the legality issue, but still said that she is glad we are
able to read her work. Perhaps she was only looking for an explanation as to
the legality of things.
Anyway, just my thoughts.

Lisa