[bksvol-discuss] Re: Seeking proofreader for historical fiction

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:02:23 -0500

Hi!

If you still need someone, I'll proof it.  It sounds like an interesting book.

Debby

At 10:07 AM 10/28/2009, solsticesinger wrote
Hi, all.

I've just finished scanning The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff. I'm wondering if anyone on the list would be interested in proofreading it. Here is the synopsis:

1945. Surviving the brutality of a Nazi prison camp, Marta Nederman is lucky to have escaped with her life. Recovering from the horror, she meets Paul, an American soldier who gives her hope of a happier future. But their plans to meet in London are dashed when Paul's plane crashes.

Devastated and pregnant, Marta marries Simon, a caring British Diplomat and glimpses the joy that home and family can bring. But her happiness is threatened when she learns of a communist spy in British intelligence, and that the one person who can expose the traitor is connected to her past...

In this dramatic follow-up to the bestselling Kommandant's Girl, Pam Jenoff writes of a time of uneasy peace and rising paranoia, when love and desperation could make liars of us all.

If interested, you can contact me on list, or, email me at:
<mailto:solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks.
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, check out the Eclectic Collection: A Celebration of Women In Music, each Wednesday evening from 7 until 10 eastern.
<http://www.radio360.us>www.radio360.us