[bksvol-discuss] Re: Search Quirk

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:21:03 -0800

Since the search was upgraded a little while ago, if there is no perfect match, it will give everything that is close. Either the folks who upgraded the search thought we might make typos (how could that be, never!) or they want to provide us with something in which we might serendipitously find an alternate book instead of just the response "nothing found."

The original comment about quirky searches was because the original commenter (name forgotten) was sure there are Joan Collins books on bookshare, but no matter how you search, they can't be found.

Misha

On 1/5/2011 2:54 PM, Lori Castner wrote:
I want to add to Jamie's issue about searching.
I did an advanced search today and filled in only the author field.
The author's name that I was searching for is Dorianne Laux.
What came up in the results field was a book by Darrien Lee, definitely no relation to Dorianne Laux!
Puzzled,
Lori C.