[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scott or Rick

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:06:08 -0700

Well explained, Roger.

Tim, a better label might have been "Use at your own risk." In general I
advise completely avoiding "Do not use" publishers but then I may be more
risk averse than some.

Scott Rains

On 7/26/11 12:04 PM, "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>That is not necessary. The do not use list was compiled because a lot of
>volunteers were upset that the books they had worked on had been replaced
>by
>publisher quality copies. It is part of the Bookshare agreement with the
>publishers that their copy be the only one on the site. So that
>volunteers
>would not have to face their submissions being replaced a list of
>publishers
>that Bookshare had agreements with was compiled. There is no way to tell
>when or if a publisher's submission will replace a book. It could be
>tomorrow or it might be never. If you want to work on a book that is on
>the
>do not use list it is perfectly okay and it will at least be available
>for
>subscribers to read until it is replaced if it is replaced. If the
>publisher
>does not have it in electronic form it just might never be replaced.
>

>_     _      _
>
>"Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The
>proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to
>win. Working people of all countries unite!" - Karl Marx
>

>Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rogerbailey81
>

>The Militant:
> http://www.themilitant.com
>Pathfinder Press:
> http://www.pathfinderpress.com
>Granma International:
>  http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html

N?§²æìr¸?yúè?Øb²X¬¶Ç§u¦åjy?¨¥¶?ä²ú%v+ºË+z«?²×ëyéb²Û(®
n¶Ø^Â?ݺ{.nÇ+?·?Ê+lzWâ?Ø^²æãyËe?w?¢­jX¬¶?Ú½¨¥i¹^r?¦jwl¦ëm?ì(­Ø^??ò?Û?ø§¶¬¹¸ÞrÙb?