[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scans with Spaces in the Middle of Words

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:02:05 -0400

Cindy, the k1000 folks were just on the list saying this was a bug which can be fixed with a patch in Kurzweil.

At 01:55 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:

One possibility ocurs to me--if the scanner just
eliminates the end-of-line hyphens but does not
replace them with nothing, then the spaces would
remain. I don't think one can do a global replace,
though, because then some words that should be
hyphenated would be together instead--of course that
can be corrected by the validator, if he/she reads the
book, but not if he/she just does the minimum
required. Still,having those words together without a
hyphen probably is preferable to having space between
words where they don't belong. smile

Cindy