[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning questions - paperback vs hardcover

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:24:35 -0700

For me personally, paperbacks are easier to scan because you can bend the book, however I have yielded better scanning results with hard covers.

Thanks
Nimer J

"Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very
wise cannot see all
ends." LOTR

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Judy s. wrote:
Which books tend to scan better - paperbacks or hardbacks? I'm sure there are a lot of factors. I'm curious as to which tend to yield the best quality when you OCR the scanned pages.

And - which are easier to actually scan? Paperbacks or hardbacks? Does the size of the book (thickness and page dimensions) make a big difference in ease of scanning? Or are there other things to look for if you have a choice between multiple versions of the same title?

Thanks all!

Judy s.