[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Three Cookbooks

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:08:27 -0800

Hi, Carrie, for the teaspoon measure, I'm accustomed to see tap or 1 tsp.
I've also been accustomed to see tbsp1, 1 tbsp. or 1 tbs. I have a problem
with the slash because in Braille, I see it looks like ( dots 4-5-6, dots
3-4 [this second dot combination is called a slash or S-T sign]). Ideally, I
shouldn't see the first dot combination between 3 and 4, just 3, S-T sign,
4. I don't know if this makes sense to you, Carrie, but that's one thing
that bugs me about the Braille translation thing at Bookshare. I'm very
picky about how Braille looks, so this message may make you scratch your
head wondering: "What is she going on about?" What I'm trying to say is that
dots 4-5-6 before the slash isn't (or hasn't been) used in standard Grade 2
English Braille and adds to extraneous stuff that isn't needed. Regards,
Kim.

  _____