[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Technique

  • From: Em Rose <uvabookworm27@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:18:55 -0500

Thanks Valerie! I'll take a look at some of those.

I have ABBYY Screenshot reader, SimpleOCR, and Microsoft Document Imaging.
 SimpleOCR works best out of them all but even that has some pretty big
screw ups (interweaving multiple lines, very bad word conversions like
celebrity->release, etc).  I don't mind making those kind of corrections but
I am looking for something that can run on multiple images at the same time.
 As far as I know, for these pieces of software you can only run it on one
document at a time - which for a 300+ page book takes quite a while.

Any suggestions on ways to speed up the process would be much appreciated.

Em